Reduce Belly Fat in 2017!
Hawaii Obesity Statistics
Hawaii obesity statistics
Hawaii was ranked as the 5th least obese state in America in 2011, compared to 15 years ago when they were the least obese state in the United States.
The obesity rate in Hawaii has more than doubled over the last 15 years to 23.1% for adults.
- When you combine the rates for overweight and obese adults, the rate jumps to 57.5% of their total population of 1,360,301 (U. S. Census 2010), or more than 780,000 people with increased risks of life-threatening health conditions.
- In fact, diabetes rates have almost doubled since 1996 to 8.3%, and rates for high blood pressure now stand at 27.8%.
- Racial and ethnic categories show
35.3% obese rates among Blacks,
27% among Latinos,
and 19.3% among Whites.
Childhood obesity statistics for Hawaii
- According to the most recent data of 2007, 11.2% of children and teens, age 10 to 17, were considered obese.
- Approximately 22.4% of Hawaii’s population is under the age of 18, making up to 34,000 young people at risk of developing serious medical conditions.
These Hawaii obesity statistics are reported in F as in Fat from the Trust for America’s Health and Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, using state and national public health statistical data.
County rankings for Hawaii obesity
- According to the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), in 2008, Kalawao County had the most obesity at 26.3%, the most diabetes at 8.1%, and the least active people at 18.4% inactivity.
- Other counties ranked as follows: for obesity, Maui at 23%, Hawaii at 22.4%, Honolulu at 21%, and Kauai at 20.7%.
- For diabetes, Honolulu at 7.7%, Kauai and Maui at 7.4%, and Hawaii at 6.7%.
- For inactivity, Honolulu at 17.9%, Hawaii at 17.6%, Maui at 16.8%, and Kauai County with the least inactivity at 15.8%.
Improving the weight loss environment
- Hawaii is among 29 other states that restrict the sale of competitive foods more than federal standards, and among 16 US states that have laws to provide bicycling safety using “Complete Streets” designs.
- Outdoor recreation areas for physical activity includes the Pacific Ocean, a wide variety of climates and elevations, as well as state parks and private recreational facilities.
- Hawaii produces an abundance of local fresh tropical fruits, vegetables, macadamia nuts, fish and seafood, meat, and ethnic cuisine choices for a healthy diet
- Other sources of help to reduce Hawaii obesity levels include private physicians, hospital educational support, church support groups, non-profit organizations, community initiatives, public health state task force programs, and community grants from the federal government, in addition to self-education.
Hawaii also uses the CDC Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System to monitor immunization, diabetes, physical activity, nutrition, breast cancer, cervical cancer, tobacco usage, and assess public screening and education programs.
Friends And Family
Are you a member of a social networking site like Facebook
, Google +
, or the popular Twitter
? If you like my website, share it with your friends and family! I appreciate it also, and thank you in advance.
or email it:
Follow the research with a free subscription to our newsletter. Sign up here: