Reduce Belly Fat in 2018!
F as in Fat
What is the "F as in fat" report?
This is a report published by the Trust for America’s Health, a non-profit, non-partisan organization founded by the Benjamin Spencer Fund, in association with the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation.
Using public health data, it summarizes the obesity epidemic for every state in the United States.
It includes childhood obesity, demographic information like racial/ethnic categories, state rankings, and the growth of this epidemic over the years and decades.
The 2011 "F as in fat" report shows these results:
- 16 states showed an increase in adult obesity rates in the last year alone.
- No state showed a decline in the last year.
- 20 years ago, all states were below 15%.
- Now, 38 out of the 50 states show that 25% of their adult population are not just overweight, but obese.
- Colorado is the least obese state in America, with a rate of 19.8%, and a combined overweight and obesity rate of 56.2%.
- Mississippi is the fattest state in the United States, for the 7th year in a row, with an obesity rate of 34.4%, and a combined overweight and obesity rate of 68.8% among adults.
- 9 out of the 10 most obese states are in the South.
- The highest rates were among people with the greatest poverty and the least education.
- Rates for Whites topped out over 32%, Latinos topped out over 35%, and Blacks topped out at 45%.
- Diabetes and high blood pressure have also increased dramatically.
- Childhood obesity rates were last collected in 2007. Colorado shows a rate of 14.2% and Mississippi shows a high of 21.9% of children and teens who are obese. Approximately one third of America’s children are overweight or obese. That rate has nearly tripled in the last 10 years.
Individual U. S. states
Here is specific information for each state, including community and government support programs:
Are you a member of a social networking site like Facebook
, Google +
, or the popular Twitter
? If you like my website, share it with your friends and family! I appreciate it also, and thank you in advance.
or email it:
Return from F As In Fat to Health Sitemap
Here's the easy way to stay up to date with our free Health Newsletter: