Reduce Belly Fat in 2017!
Weight Loss Tips
Here's some easy weight loss tips at restaurants to keep your dining from becoming dangerous for your waistline
Before you go
- Do your homework by looking at restaurant menus online or check takeout menus.
- Get calorie information about your favorite dishes.
- Look for new taste treats that are low calorie.
- Find restaurants that have extended salad bars of fresh low calorie vegetables where you can keep the salad dressing on the side.
- A great way to learn these weight loss tips at restaurants is to practice at home.
- Learn portion sizes at home. One serving of potatoes is one half cup--visualize one half of a tennis ball. One serving of meat is three ounces--visualize three small matchbooks.
- Practice dining at home with low fat soup and a large low-calorie salad with a low fat dressing on the side. Practice makes it easier to choose those items when you dine out.
Ordering low calorie meals
- Ask for calorie information. It's not uncommon for a restaurant meal to contain enough calories for one person for a whole day.
- Avoid the bread. One slice can be 100 extra calories. One teaspoon of butter or oil can be 50 calories.
- If the bread is a signature of the restaurant, enjoy it, but let your entree be a low fat soup and skip any dessert.
- Restrict high calorie alcoholic drinks or drinks loaded with sugar.
- Do they have a diet menu? Choose a low calorie selection. but watch out--many low calorie selections do not include the calories of dressing, bread, or side dishes in their calorie count.
- Choose one or two non-fried interesting appetizers rather than an entree. Avoid oil marinated appetizers.
- Have a clear broth soup before your entree or, even better, in place of the entree.
- Eat only baked, steamed, boiled, broiled, or grilled foods.
- Avoid all fried foods or creamy sauces.
During your meal
- Extend the pleasure of your meal by starting with a pot of green tea. Refill as needed.
- Take control of your portion size by dividing an entree in half as soon as it is brought to the table. You can share with a friend or put it into a "to go" box immediately.
- Restrict second servings to low calorie fruits or vegetables.
- Skip desserts or only have one spoonful of a shared dessert.
- Eat slowly and enjoy your friends and family.
- One of the hallmarks of cultures with less overweight people are longer meals. Thin people talk more and eat less.
- And after dining, they take a long walk with their friends.
If you liked these weight loss tips at restaurants, here are more tips for different challenges in your life
Discover how to lose belly fat
Sign up for free subscription to the Green Tea Health Newsletter here:
Are you a member of a social networking site like Facebook
, Google +
, or the popular Twitter
? If you like my website, share it with your friends and family! I appreciate it also, and thank you in advance.
or email it:
Did you like this page on weight loss tips at restaurants? Here are more exercise and dieting ideas
This page was last updated by Sharon Jones on February 7, 2013.