Weight loss tips for grocery shopping: Before you shop
1. The most effective way to reduce calories and maintain good nutrition is to plan ahead. Make a list and only shop from that list.
2. Start planning healthy meals for a week and shop for that week. Then plan and shop for two weeks.
4. Make sure you include buying favorite green teas for your zero calorie treats.
5. Do eat before you shop. An apple or low calorie bran muffin will do the trick. If you shop while you're hungry, you'll buy more than you need.
6. Don't shop when you're unhappy or frustrated. Calm down first, then shop from your list.
7. Have a cup of freshly made green tea waiting for you in your car, or plan on making tea when you get home for refreshment.
Weight Loss tips for grocery shopping: Reading those labels
8. Nutrition labels are a wonderful gift. Always check the portion size and calories per serving.
9. Buy only low calorie prepared sauces and dressings.
10. Look at the portion size. Are you really going to use just one teaspoon or 1/4 cup per person? If not, find something with less calories.
11. Watch out for servings per container. A pastry may be only 200 calories per serving, but have two pastries per package. If you eat both, you're up to 400 calories.
12. Watch out for hidden fats like butter, oils, mayonnaise, monoglycerides, or diglycerides.
13. Watch out for hidden sugars like sucrose, corn syrup, high fructose corn syrup, dextrose, fructose, or maltose.
14. Calories per serving, portion size, and nutrient content are more important than convenience. Stick with the numbers, not the advertising.
Weight loss tips for grocery shopping: Treats and tricks
15. If you have to buy something that is high-calorie, insist on the upgrade: either buy the very best or do without.
16. If you know you can't resist eating the whole thing, don't buy it in the first place.
17. Treat yourself to a special fruit, exotic new vegetable, or a new gourmet green tea to keep your diet interesting.
18. If you buy a larger size to save money, divide it up into calorie-controlled servings and store in individual packages.
19. As soon as you get home, clean and prepare fruits and vegetables, then refrigerate.
Congratulations! Now you are ready to stay on your diet.
Discover how to lose belly fat fast
Sign up here for free subscription to the Green Tea Health Newsletter here:
Did you like this page on weight loss tips for grocery shopping? Here are more exercise and weight loss ideas
This page was last updated by Sharon Jones on February 16, 2013.
Published and Available on Amazon NOW!
With over 250 pages and 540 referenced scientific studies, this book includes chapters on
Growing lemon balm, Alzheimer's
Anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, anti-microbial, and anti-viral activities
Anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, Anxiety
Belly fat, Cancer, Cosmetics, Depression, Diabetes, Heart disease
Herpes and cold sores, Hyperactivity, Indigestion, Insomnia
Irritable bowel syndrome, Memory improvement, Obesity
Premenstrual syndrome, Spinal cord injury, Stress, Thyroid , Ulcers
Order by title from Amazon now, or click the link provided above
Are you eating
Find out more!